Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Russia
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Russia? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- A visa is required.
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is mandatory.
+ Recommended Products: Document Bag
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
High-visibility vests must be carried with you and worn in the event of a breakdown.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! A "suitable safety helmet" must be worn while driving. Louis recommends helmets that comply with ECE 22 standard.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer
Motorcycles must have their headlight on even during the daytime.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs
- Within built-up areas: 60 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 90 km/h
- Motorways (freeways): 110 km/h
The following roads are subject to tolls in some sections:
- [ M1 ] "Belarus
- [ M3 ] "Ukraine"
- [ M4 ] "Don"
- [ M11 ] "Moscow - St. Petersburg"
103 and 112
Legal alcohol limit
0.00% (0 mg/100 ml blood)
Motorcycle trips across the Russia borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Russia neighbouring countries.
* To provide you with even better support when you plan your next tour, we will shortly be adding still more countries.
© yulenochekk – stock.adobe.com